Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Walk Now for Autism Speaks!

May 19th, the Georgia chapter of Autism Speaks will be holding a walk to raise funds and awareness for autism. Kevin, Alexander, Jacob and I will be participating in this event as a family! So pick your favorite Brown family member *wink* and donate on their individual page! (We'll understand if the kids earn more donations than the grownups.) :-)

(The icons in the left hand column should work, but if not, here are the page links.)

~Message From My Donation Page~
I'm sitting in an observation room, watching Alexander's ABA session. He giggles and struggles in turn. He is the happiest, most patient, loving kid I know, but things don't come easily to him. His therapist is trying to teach him to say what he wants, but the work is hard. If only Charles Xavier would roll in and tell me what my boy is thinking. Any progress is celebrated, he said "go" yesterday and I jumped for joy. We are so lucky to have the resources we have but more research means even better resources for our little boy and for the countless other little boys and girls who struggle in the same way. I believe Alexander is here on a mission. If he could talk, I believe he would say "Give to Autism research! It's only logical!"

But I can't speak for Alexander. I can try, I can guess. I can put words in his mouth all day long, but that's just it, I don't know what he's thinking. I can try to be his voice, but my goal is to work and fight until one day he can use his own voice. Until he can tell you in words how much he loves Kung Fu Panda.

Until he can thank you himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment